Sunday, October 17, 2010

What are your thoughts on 'superhero' cartoon series promoting Islamic values?





















What are your thoughts on 'superhero' cartoon series promoting Islamic values?

If President Obama praised it, I'm sure it's just great
I grew up reading stories from "The Arabian Nights" and they didn't turn me into a terrorist
It's just good marketing - take a product developed for the Muslim world, redub it in English and sell it in the U.S.
Families in North America's growing Muslim community deserves entertainment that is culturally relevant to them
There's nothing threatening about the "99 attributes of Allah" - they're just commonly recognized moral qualities found in most religions
I doubt these cartoons are any more violent than much of the other Saturday morning fare
If the creators make the stories too "religious" or preachy, their impact will be muted - kids have too many entertainment choices
American entertainment has been portraying Arabs and Muslims as villains and terrorists for decades - now that they're depicted in positive roles, some are hypocritically crying foul
I'll wait to see the cartoons for myself to decide if I think they're appropriate for my children
I'm presuming neither Muhammed or Porky Pig will appear in the new series
I'm concerned about the subtle messages this series would give to my children
Even if you could convince me the cartoons were harmless in themselves, they're part of the larger effort to Islamicize America and I won't let them in my home
I'll register my protest by boycotting the advertisers, networks or cable companies behind the series

No comments:

Post a Comment